Up coming Paint Out Events
Albert Fendig — Hofwyl Plantation Paint Out
Currently on Display – Stop in and take a Peek.
Call to for more information: 912-264-7333.
- August — The Visitor’s Center on St. Simons Island
- September — McIntosh Art Center
Additional Information Please Click on the Link!
- When: September 7, 2019
- Where: 841 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Time: 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Tickets: $95 Students and Artists/$135 General Admission
- What are we looking for?
5 painters have been selected and will be actively painting interspersed at the event site along the St. Johns River (or maybe even inside the venue). As guests arrive, they will see you working and be enticed to watch you work and engage with you. Ideally, the canvass you are working on will be for sale; however, it may be that a representative work is available for sale. The artist is asked to have one (1) piece for sale and should talk-up their creation as much as possible. The split with the Cultural Council will be 60/40: 60% to the Artist and 40% to the Cultural Council, payable to the Artist after 60 days. We’d really love it if you would take a photo with the winner of your piece, should it sell.
Other details: Auction will be September 7, 2019 at beginning at 6:00 p.m. with announcement of sold pieces at or around 9:00pm. Artists set the minimum bid. Work must be placed on an easel, clearly labeled with artist’s name, title, medium and price. The Cultural Council has the final authority regarding acceptance of all work and its placement within the space.
It will be the artist’s responsibility to price their work, have appropriate easel(s) to display their work, and invite attendees to engage with their work. The preferred size is 36 x 36 (if larger, please contact curator for space availability).
· We’ll make sure you have cold water to drink.
· After 9:30 the Artist may join the celebration (eat and drink) once they have cleared their space.
· Artist maintains copyright and moral rights of submitted images and derivatives. The Cultural Council retains the right to use the image to promote the individual artist within the event including, but not limited to, print, television and online media. Whenever reasonably possible, artist’s name and credit will be included when the artist’s project is used by the Cultural Council. The Cultural Council agrees not to produce any materials using artist’s image for resale or monetary gain. If the Cultural Council wishes to use image of work for future retail gains, a separate limited use license must be obtained and royalties discussed.
· Guests of the artists must purchase a ticket.